Friday, December 3, 2010

Activity: Namo Yoga


When I am tired of my normal workout routine and am feeling particularly stressed, there's always one place that I know I can turn (no, not iBerry). Namo Yoga is a studio located on Moon Muang on the east side of the Old City. They offer massage and yoga courses, though I have only personally dabbled in the yoga classes.

The classes run at 200 baht each, though a nine-class pass can be bought for 900 baht. Depending on your needs, this could be a worthwhile investment. There are usually two classes a day (10 AM and 6 PM) and each class runs for an hour and a half. I liked Namo yoga because the classroom setting was laid-back and relaxing, necessary requirements for the type of yoga I prefer. Despite being located off of the Moon Muang, the hectic east moat road, the wood-paneled second floor of Namo is dark, quiet, and a great place to collect your thoughts. And the instructors are encouraging no matter your skill level.

Check out the
schedule to figure out what works best for you! A must-do in Chiang Mai, even for the novice yogi. No need to bring your own mat, but water is a definite must--it gets a bit warm inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me help you: leave a comment!