Thursday, December 2, 2010

Snack: Broad Beans


When I'm out and about in Chiang Mai, I often find it difficult to avoid the temptation of purchasing a greasy street food snack. Initially, I saw no other filling option for hunger on the go. However, I have recently discovered broad beans.

These beans, found at any 7-11 store, are salty, crunchy, and full of protein to ward off hunger between meals. With one package at around 10 baht, they are definitely affordable as well. Also known as "fava beans," these are an alternative to almonds or peanuts (9g of fat per bag), and have considerably less fat. For one bag, there is about 210 calories. While this definitely is hefty, a bag is pretty big--and you can't discount the protein that you gain from this caloric investment.

For a light meal, grab a bag and a 0% Fat Coconut Dutchie yogurt--only 290 calories, 25 baht, and available at any 7-11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me help you: leave a comment!